Monday 1 April 2013

My Korean Drama La La Land

Not much, but here is but my personal recommendations for Korean Drama to watch.

Melo-Drama

Winter Sonata - if this is your first Kdrama to watch, do not start. This drama requires patience, depth and heck of love for the dramatics. It is a long.... long... series. But I personally say, it is worth it.. You have to know how to appreciate real drama to finish this.

Love Rain - This is the second and last melo-drama I watched so far. I watched it for 2 reasons.(1)Director, (2)Jang Keun Suk. It is not as deep as Winter Sonata. I was kind of disappointed. But it was a good venue for JKS to explore his acting skill. If you miss JKS... this is one of your pick. Just do not expect much of your Tae Kyung fun.

Romantic-Comedy

You Are Beautiful - If you are a BOF fan, then, do not watch this just for the sake of  comparison and the hoopla. I watched BOF with open mind.. and even finished the series. Also, if you watched Heartstring already, then I warn you that you will regret that you did not watch this first before HS. YAB is simply hilarious, strong and a hoot. If you want just real crack of the day, this is the drama for you. Check out dramafever.com, YAB is still the most watched. Hence, I need not say more.

Goong/Princess Hours - With Kdramas, I hate the 3-sided love, the 4-sided, or the blindsided love affairs. With Goong, I simply love the fact that she stood by him, no matter what. As much as I hated him for taking forever to let go of that past connection with his ex, still, he never let the crowned princess feel ignored. They both have such a strong grasp of respect for each other, I rarely see this on other dramas. It is that silent commitment for each other that made me adore this drama.

Lie To Me - I know that a lot of k-addict would refute me on this one, but I just love the cracks of laughter Yoo Eun Hye could evoked from me. I know the plot is weak like crazy, but her acting just sends me to the roof. With rom-com, I sometimes kind of throw the drama-line/story-line out of my brain-window and just let go of that appreciation for wit and fun. This drama is just crazy fun.

Coffee Prince - I love this and I hate this. Maybe because I watched this after I watched YAB that I hate the fact it took forever for the plot to reveal her identity. Kind of ruined that beautiful casting because I cannot get over the fact that he was clueless until almost the very end. Still, I would recommend this to anyone because it was good acting and just a heart tugging and laughter-jerker. If you watched Goong, you should NEVER miss this. :)

Romantic Drama

Secret Garden - After Winter Sonata, this is the other drama that made me cry like I almost died. Tears flowing, can not breath kind of crying. I can not describe this drama in any other way, except for it being just real romance and real drama.

Being-A-Fangirl Drama

Personal Taste - I avoided any drama with Lee Min Ho on it because Jandi from BOF just kind of ruined everything LMH in my heart. At first I felt like I am watching Jandi impersonating the female lead here on this drama. But my friend told me to give this drama a chance. So I did everything I can to finish the series. There are  2 things that made me finished up and made my while worth it... (1) Yoo Eun Hye guest appearance (2) Lee Min Hos dimples and his smile. The Jandi personified in Ka Ins role is totally forgotten, as long as I can see more of his smile. I cud even appreciate the bromance more than the romance itself. Again, I am an official ruins of Jandi.

To The Beautiful You - If you have not heard of Shinee and Kang Tae Joon and is interested with this series because of the Jap Version, Hana Kimi, do not worry, so am I. Tae Joon is like an eye-candy, that chocolate-melts-in-your-mouth kind of way. He is just totally cute and a beaut to watch. He has little acting skills... but I finished the series because I just want to see his adorable face. So if you ask me about the story line, forget it -- I have no idea what happened, but I do recommend you to watch Hana Kimi, Coffee Prince,  or You Are Beautiful.

Historical Drama

Hong Gil Dong - I love how the characters evolved on this drama. The play of an idealist vs pragmatist factor on this drama is both a struggle and a joy to watch. The relationship between the Prince and Gil Dong is debatable evolution but for me, it was that relationship that glued me up to the finish. Not one of JKS acting best, but memorable.


1 comment: