Monday 18 June 2012

A Memorable Father's Day

I've been looking forward to the day when we can get-away from the chaos of work & daily routine.

A cabin was booked, and with hubby arriving from California safely, everything fell into plan. We got ready and packed for the week-end retreat.

As I wrote on my older post about our Father's Day Plan, the day arrived and (as always) starts with the last minute packing and errands. My other sister, Cherry, picked us up at 12pm. Almost right on the dot with check-in time. So much for the idea of perusing the facility earlier. Rose and her family check-in on their own cabin way ahead of us. Of course, they were able to enjoy the facility already. The set-up was crazy, but really fun. To detail it...

I got these deals from Groupon. $20 for a $100 worth of cabin.
I was allowed to purchase one for myself and get 2 extra as a gift.
As soon as I purchased mine, I posted on Facebook about it and my sister, Clarisa, asked me to get her one. Then her friend, Rose, asked me to get her one, as well. So there goes my allowed purchase for this Bissell deal.
With hubby coming for a visit, I called Bissell and booked us for Father's Day. My sister opted to come with us the same date, and so did Rose.

I know you'll be asking what the $20 Cabin look like....
 
It's the basic Rustic Cabin, worth $100 for weekdays and $125 for week-ends!
Comes with a double bed and a bunk bed, a 2 adult & 2 kids pass for the facility.

This is what I said about going Camping without roughing it. If you wanna be comfortable and avoid the inconvenience of rain or back pains from sleeping with your sleeping bag, this is a very good option.

I opted to upgrade my deal to a bigger cabin, the Deluxe Cabin. And it was like this...


with this interior...
It has a room with queen size bed, a bunk bed, a living room with pull out sofa, and a kitchenette with a dining table. Accommodates 6 adults or a family of four. The deck comes with our own grill, and we have a huge patio that comes with a pit and patio chairs. (Firewood has to be purchased from within the facility, no outside firewood allowed). And the reason why I upgraded to this because of my great consideration for Mother, whom I know would need the washroom all the time. Of course, the cabin is equipped with our own shower, bathtub and toilet. The bonus round, it's fully airconditioned, with a satellite and dvd for TV viewing.

Every dollar was worth spending. 

Everybody enjoyed that little camping we did. All the cooking and the eating was prepared and shared with in our cabin. The kids, when not perusing the facility would stay inside and watch tv. Most of the time, the grown ups were on our deck either cooking, eating or chatting. There were too much food, and too much talk. My sister, Cherry, brought their dog, Iris, with us. Khloe had so much fun dog-sitting Iris, as Rose' kids did their best to stay out of Iris' reach.


Before the darkness fall, we stayed at the patio for some games. 
(Blindfold)

(Tumbang-Preso)

(Bubbles)

Of course.. we did not forget to start a fire.....


...and roast hotdogs

....and marshmallows and smores


Then.. everybody got so tired and sleepy...
and nobody remembered about star-gazing... and bear-hunting???

The next day...

We prepared breakfast for the Dads....


                                    And watch them enjoy their Father's Day breakfast...


Then... we heed out to end our adventure...
with these little ones enjoying their last dip for this trip...



This photo alone is all worth anything.
Priceless Toddler Joy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment