Tuesday 5 June 2012

Camping: To Rough or Not To Rough It Up!

Going camping the next week-end.
In a Bissell Hideaway Cabin.
Not really roughing it up, but hopefully it's gonna be an experience to remember.

The last time we went camping, Khloe was 9 months old.
It was in a very nice area at McConell State Park in Merced, California

Khloe sleeping peacefully inside out tent.

I loved the experience. Maybe because we were pretty comfortable in our tent. We brought this raised airbed that never gave us this bothersome moments of it being deflated. Except for Khloe's waking moments (normal for a baby of 9mos), we slept through comfortably until the morning. The only downside of our airbed is that it has no built in pump, instead, it has to be electronically plugged. Good thing, our campsite was catered for a huge number of occupants ('twas hubby's family reunion), hence, we don't need to worry about an outlet. We were able to try to fish and even enjoy splashing on the creek. We stayed 3 days and 2 nights, but with our large family, there was no dull moment.

In preparation for this coming adventure... I grabbed this deal from Groupon. Saved $80 for a night in a cabin instead of a tent. Add to that, the place has the largest pool, a splash pad, a pedal boat ride, a putting golf, and play area where you can enjoy volleyball. There's a spa or even tubes for kids to enjoy.


Screenshot of the deal I got.

As for the cabin itself... I reserve my opinion. I booked a cabin that would be convenient for my 76 year old Mother. It's suppose to have a kitchen, a living room, a queen size bed in one bedroom, and a bunk bed in another room. I'm hoping to enjoy the comfort of the price I paid. With Father's Day the next day, I am hoping hubby would have a nice time with us.

As for roughing it up.. well, we could enjoy the night camp out. We have a pit to use... and even a grill if we need to. As exciting as this sounds, the maternal instinct in me is up and wired. Of course, I have to come up with my camping checklist again. I left most of  our stuffs in California, so we pretty much need to start with the basics:

  • Mosquito repellent
  • Food & Milk
  • Toiletries
  • Sunblock
  • Towels
  • Sweaters
  • Flashlight
  • (firewood maybe)
  • Games for the kids at night
  • First aid kit
  • Medicine
  • Most importantly, a surprise for Hubby!! -- like maybe pancake for breakfast. LOL!
I am so excited and looking forward to this week-end. I am hoping, though, that I won't forget to bring any important stuffs that we might need.

If you think I need something else important -- pray tell. I'll be most appreciative.

#starting.the.summer









1 comment:

  1. hiya! congrats on your new blog site. now i can start reading you again:-)

    ReplyDelete